Depression is called ‘the disease of modernity’ and is considered in our 21st century as the greatest threat to public health in the ‘developed’ world. Young people (in their twenties) are growing even more depressed than previous young generations (Health survey research 2019).
This morning I woke up as usual at 5:30, with the fear of facing my biggest nightmare at the moment: winter depression. I live in one of the best ‘developed’ parts of the world, in North-Europe, where the winters are long, dark, grey, cold, wet, windy, rainy…
That little African girl in me who grew up bathing in the warmth, light and luminosity of the Mediterranean coast sometimes feels completely lost, lonely, insecure and scared.
However, the woman in me chose to live in the country of my heart, Holland, and developed different strategies to cope with (winter) depression. I share with you here in this film my best strategy. And it works!
This strategy is amazing! It helped me to get every morning out of my ‘depression risk’ and out of my bed and go with a dancing heart to my work; as a proud CEO of one of the oldest and largest Gender institute about Women’s History & Emancipation in the world!
I would love to read your reactions, so please post your comments below!
Wish you Healthy & Happy Times!
Discover my strategies to heal from depression: read my previous blogs about it
- Do you suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)? 30 December 2016
- Wanna Stop Depression? Be Angry! 3 February 2017
- How to Deal with Depression? 9 January 2017
- How to Heal from (Winter) Depression (this blog), 23 January 2019
Come and join me, dance with me at:
- Every Tuesday evening 18:00-20:00 at Boudoir
- Heal Your Pain, Trance Goddess Dance Seminar in March
- Unleash Your Sensual Power, Goddess Dance Seminar in April
- Divine Goddess training: Your Goddess Make over from A to Z!
- Or dance with me in the comfort of your home by joining my Virtual Tribe! Inscribe for the Art of Being Feminine