FOR SALE: A MAGNIFICIENT OLD RIAD ARAB HOUSE (17th century)
DAR ISKANDAR (Arabic: House of Alexander)
This Riad is located in the heart of the medieval city, the Medina of Sousse “The Pearl of the Sahel”. This traditional Arabic house is unique in the Medina of Sousse!
It has kept its structure and design from the Arab/Tunisian traditions, habits, and culture.
It is like other Arab houses introverted with the daily life looking inside into a patio.
Enter the Sqifa (entrée) and then proceed into an oasis: the patio filled with trees, plants and surrounded by the family rooms: bedrooms, kitchen, living room, veranda…
Lay down and rock in the hammock under the veranda in the patio and enjoy the smoothening sound the water running from the fountain in the middle of the patio.
Let yourself be bewitched by sight of the Bougainville tree, the smell of the beautiful Jasmin tree and the smell of Musk Ellil tree (honeysuckle).
At the top there are beautiful terraces on different levels, with a breathtaking panoramic view on the sea, the archeological museum and the medieval monuments of the Medina.
There are 3 terraces: a beautiful covered ‘summer terrace’ with a barbecue corner and a kitchenette; a very pretty ‘winter terrace’ to sunbathe in the winter in total privacy; and a beautiful little ‘terrace under the stars’ ideal for its intimate space and refreshing breeze in the summer nights.
Walk 2 minutes and find yourself in the middle of the Bazar, Casbah, restaurants, shops, bazar, cafes, museums, the Souk Market, where you can buy delicious fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, meat, and all kind of fresh organic products that will delight your senses.
Walk only 5 minutes and find yourself outside of the walls of the medina, near the train station, bus station, taxi station.
Walk 10 minutes and take a refreshing swim in a white sand beach and a turquoise Mediterranean Sea. Here you will find yourself in the middle of a vibrant going-out scene with lounge beaches, bars, dance clubs, discotheques, hotels…
Historical old Arab house, 17th century, UNESCO heritage.
Total square footage is 257m2 (habitable space, without terraces)
GROUND FLOOR PATIO (189m2)
- Hall entrance
- Patio with a fountain
- A big veranda sheltered from the sun and the wind, ideal for siesta (power nap) and meals among friends.
- 2 Suite-Bedrooms (capacity 4 people in one bedroom) with their Bathrooms
- A large living-room with a dining place and a kitchen
- A well with drinkable source water
- A big water reservoir with rain water under the patio, with a built-in pump.
BASEMENT HAMMAM (23M2)
- Basement with infrastructure for hammam (Turkish Bath)
1nd FLOOR STUDIO (45m2)
- An independent studio (private entrance) with a spacious bedroom (4 people), a nice bathroom and a kitchenette.
2nd, 3rd & 4th FLOOR: TERRACES (143m2)
- Several roof Terraces, on different levels, 2 covered and 3 uncovered.
- A small storage room on the terraces
- Excellent condition.
- Fully restored between 2007 and 2012 by the National Association for the Protection & Safeguarding of the Medina Heritage, according to the standards of the Safeguarding of the National Heritage of UNESCO.
- Fully furnished. Antique and original furniture.
- This is a sustainable house. All rooms in the house have heating, hot and cold air conditioning, and hot water provided by solar energy.
- Ideal as Bed & Breakfast.
- There is an official building permit to add 3 suites-rooms on the 1st floor.
- Property status and papers in good order. Has ‘Titre Bleu’, official property document for international sale.
- Top location: 10 minutes walking from the beach, harbor, bazaar, markets, museums, cafes, restaurants, shops, train station, bus station, taxi station, hospitals, clinics, supermarkets, hotels, cafes, etc.
- Located in a quiet and good neighborhood, magnificent panoramic views of the Medina.
On terraces 360 degrees unobstructed panoramic view over Sousse, medina, harbor, sea…
Unique! Don’t miss this exceptional opportunity!
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
Click on a photos for larger version.
Telephone: +31 6 19004567